Route 2 Athletics welcomes Michael Hart and Matt Ruane
MIchael Hart of Lowell, MA, has played and coached all over the world. Starting as an All Conference catcher at Lowell High School, Hart played his summers for the Lexington Blue Soxs of the IBL. After winning the 2015 IBL MVP and batting title, Hart walked on at Umass Amherst. Later earning himself a starting spot and scholarship as a redshirt sophomore. He also spent time with the Seacoast Mavericks of the Collegiate FCBL, coming in 2nd in the MVP and batting title race. Graduating Umass as their 2017 Co-Captain, Hart went and played in both Canada and Australia before getting his first professional start with the Perth Heat of the Australian Baseball Winter League. From there he signed with the American Association Sioux Falls Canaries. Leading the team in batting average in 2018, and having a career year in 2019 being named to the A.A. All-Star team and taking home the Rookie of the Year honors. He has spent time running clinics for the Lexington Blue Sox summer programs. As well as spending 2016 with the Seacoast Mavericks as their hitting, catching and agility coach. In Australia, Hart ran the Rockingham Rams organization for two seasons, leading week long camps and coaching the top tier teams. Before heading back to spring training in April Hart will be available for catching clinics along with one on one hitting and catching lessons.
Coaching – 2015-2019
Head Junior Varsity Coach 2019
Assistant Varsity Coach – 2015-2019
· 2017-18-19 Middlesex League Champions
· 2017 Super-8 Team
Bowdoin College – 2007-2011
· 4-year starter (infield/outfield)
· NESCAC player of the week April 11, 2011
· 2010 & 2011 NESCAC Championship finalist
Belmont High School – 2003-2007
· 4-year varsity starter
· 2007 Boston Globe D2 player-of-the-year
· 2007 Boston Herald All-Scholastic
· 2007 Middlesex League MVP
In addition Chris Sharpe and Tony Annino are now available for lessons. Their bio's are below.
Chris Sharpe (Hitting and Defense) and Tony Annino (Pitching, Hitting, Defense and Conditioning) are now available for lessons. To book a lesson please visit www.route2athletics.org, click on book a lesson and log onto or create an account. The Bio's for both instructors are below.
• Drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 14th round of the 2017 draft.
• Currently in the Pirates Minor League System (AA).
• Played two seasons at Umass Lowell, leaving as a sophomore.
• Played in the Cape Cod League in 2017 and in the Perfect Game League in 2016.
• Four year starter at Burlington High school.
• One post graduate year at Bridgeton Academy.
A native of Waltham, MA, Tony went on to pitch collegiately at San Jacinto College and Arizona State University. Tony has coached high school baseball at Austin Preparatory School and Concord-Carlisle High School and college baseball at Lesley University. In addition he has coached in the Minutemen and Spinners Organizations. He currently pitches for the Lexington Blue Sox team of the Inter-City League and is a coach for our Blue Sox Teams.